About the League
The Atlantic Football League
The Atlantic Football League (AFL) was founded in 2009 between the Moncton Raiders, UNBF Red Bombers, and UNBSJ SeaWolves to fill a gap for football players in the maritimes after graduating high school who were not moving onto CIS football. In 2010 the Dalhousie Tigers and the Holland College Hurricanes joined the AFL and the Moncton Raiders were renamed the Moncton Jr. Mustangs. Before the commencement of the 2011 season the Moncton Jr. Mustangs franchise folded.
The AFL will begin the 11th season of play in September 2019.
There currently four teams operating in this league - UNB Fredericton Red Bombers, UNB Saint John Seawolves, Dalhousie Tigers and Holland College Hurricanes.
League Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/108639567508/
- Larry Wisniewski, Commissioner
- Mike McSorley, Secretary/Treasurer
- Barry Ogden, Saint John Seawolves
- Dan Kirk, Saint John Seawolves (Alternate)
- John Morse, Fredericton Red Bombers
- Marc Horncastle, Fredericton Red Bombers (Alternate)
- Albert Roche, Holland College Hurricanes
- Daniel Cudmore, Holland College Hurricanes (Alternate)
- Jim Wilson, Dalhousie Tigers
- Rick Rivers, Dalhousie Tigers (Alternate)
- Aaron MacIsaac, Holland College Hurricanes
- Mark Haggett, Dalhousie Tigers
- Nathan Gorham, UNB Saint John Seawolves
- Vince Sturgeon, UNB Fredericton Red Bombers